Why buy a retired missionary car?
(1) They are regularly inspected, maintained and cleaned. (minimum every 6 weeks)
(2) No one has ever smoked in them, so there’s no gross odor.
(3) No one has ever had pets in them, so there’s no dander which is great if you have allergies.
(4) They aren’t very old and are typically 3 years old and have around 50,000 miles or less on them.
(5) The Church doesn’t try to make a profit off of them — they’re priced to sell.
(6) They are driven carefully. In the Baton Rouge LA Mission, the Church installs an electronic Driver Accountability Program (DAP) on the windshield of every new mission car. This is a GPS devise that tracks the car’s operator, location, operation, speed, seat belts usage, and driving performance. Each driver logs into and out of the TIWI system when the car is driven. It reports to the driver and the Mission Vehicle Coordinator on any infractions, for example: No Seat Belt or Reckless Driving or Speeding (5 miles over the posted speed limit)…. and so forth. Each driver gets a scorecard that is reviewed periodically and may remove or limit them as a designated driver.
(7) Missionaries are required to have a guide when reversing their cars, to avoid hitting people or other obstacles. Missionaries are ingrained with the idea that it is the Lord’s car that they are driving, and that they should treat it as such.
What Mission Cars are available?
See what is available from the list below:
Year Make Model VIN (last 8) Odo/miles Price Pictures
2013 TOYOTA COROLLA DC040164 51730 $8,350 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7139211 51337 $8,450 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7189283 51184 $8,450 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7141966 49850 $8,450 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7140582 48782 $8,875 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7183479 50687 $8,625 SOLD
2014 CHEVROLET CRUZE E7195674 50556 $8,625 SOLD
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EC033022 50951 $10,000 SOLD
2014 FORD FUSION ER208508 51856 $9,350 SOLD
2014 FORD FUSION E5371582 53021 $9,350 SOLD
2014 FORD FUSION E5371584 50592 $9,350 SOLD
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EP062107 45768 $10,250 SOLD
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EP057140 50471 $10,000 SOLD
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EC092278 49,880 Available ~ July 14, 2017
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EP117385 48,092 Available ~ July 14, 2017
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EP120108 46,845 Available ~ July 21 ,2017
2015 FORD FUSION FR163137 46,711 Available ~ July 21, 2017
2015 TOYOTA COROLLA FC241542 46,700 Available ~ July 28, 2017
2015 TOYOTA COROLLA FC239588 46,000 Available ~ July 28, 2017
2014 TOYOTA COROLLA EP119187 44,000 Available ~ July 28, 2017
How to Purchase a Mission Vehicle?
- Fill out a survey form (click on this link) MISSION CARS FOR SALE
- Find a car you like
- Schedule a time to Inspect and Test Drive the car
(Monday Afternoons or Friday Mornings based on availability)
- Make an offer
- Offer will be accepted or denied within 24 hours (1-business day) of offer
- Get an official BILL OF SALE from the Mission Vehicle Coordinator
- Provide a Cashier’s Check (Corporation of the Presiding Bishop) to the Mission Office so it can be over-nighted to Salt Lake, UT.
- Title will be FedEx from Salt Lake UT to buyers address on the Bill of Sale
- Keys will be provided to you once the check is cleared by Salt Lake
(Process typically takes 3-4 days or less)
- Cars are currently located at Denham Springs Stake Center or
25367 Riverton Drive Denham Springs, LA 70126.
Please contact the Mission Vehicle Coordinator at 225-664-1178 for additional details